for health professionals
Norwegian for Health Professionals B2
A Norwegian course for health professionals is designed for those who wish to qualify to work in the health sector in Norway. The course content covers a broad set of health care topics.
Norwegian for Health Professionals is an online course covering the basics of Norwegian health care industry vocabulary. This course is for all who have education or work experience as a health professional, or healthcare worker, and wish to qualify to work in the health sector in Norway.
All the lessons include audio, which helps while getting to know words and expressions.
You can start the course any time!
You will be able to join flexibly scheduled online live teacher-led lessons on a drop-in basis, where you will be introduced to key areas and topics such as:
- Health care in Norway
- Various occupations and sectors in health care
- Elderly care
- Dietitians and Nutritionists industry
- Ethics and Communication
- Mental Health
- Patient Rights
- Alternative Therapies
The course will also provide the vocabulary you can use in different situations at work. Reading and listening comprehension, grammar, and pronunciation are also emphasized in the course.
The Norwegian at the minimum level of B1 is the course participation requirement. We recommend you to take the regular Norwegian course at the same time if your level requires it. If you do not attend the regular Norwegian course, you can still join, but you should have participated in an B1 course earlier or gotten level B1 at Lingu's placement test.
Tailored courses for enterprise clients
Courses are flexible and can be tailored to your organisations unique needs.Contact us
- + Flexible schedule
- + Native support language
- + Hybrid training at your premises and online
- + Tailored to your professions, ie. pharmacists, nurses etc
Apply for NOK 10 000 government scholarship today!
Norwegian immigration authorities provide scholarships to assist healthcare professionals succeed in Norwegian working life. The scholarships are from «Klippekortordningen» by Imdi.
The course is for those who want to qualify for work in the health sector and need to pass the language requirement of the employer, or fulfill the language requirements from the authorization by the Norwegian Directorate of Health.
Kvalifiserer du for tilskuddsordningen?
- Du er en voksen innvandrer til Norge.
- Du har ingen rettigheter til gratis norskopplæring hos kommunen der hvor du bor.
- Du er ikke deltaker i annen type norskopplæring med statlig finansiering (f. eks. Kompetansepluss).
- Du har fullført A2-nivå tidligere og ønsker å oppnå B1 eller B2-nivå.
- Du har anledning til å fullføre kursprogrammet og delta i minst 80 timer lærerstyrt undervisning på nettet.
Select start date
Register on course
You can fill information on Ukrainian