Norwegian IMDI Course for Ukrainians B1
Pre-start your Norwegian learning before the introduction program. Get the early opportunity to integrate to the Norwegian society.
The course consists of 80 hours of classroom or online instructor-led classes combined with e-learning and feedback on your independent work. Our teachers and course coordinator provide guidance and interactive language training on the course.
Our course is delivered by highly qualified and approved Norwegian teachers who are native speakers of Ukrainian as a set learning schedule, in addition to flexibly-timed drop-in classes with various native Norwegian teachers.
To complete the 80 hours course programme successfully you need to commit to the below learning times requirements:
- minimum 6 hours of study per week with instructor-led classes
- minimum 1-2 hours of self-study with Lingu's e-learning materials
- 3 days a week with a bilingual teacher
- 50 drop-in classes (choose between morning, daytime & evening classes from your flexible calendar)
- e-learning access to Lingus' digital learning resource 'Samanehs Reise'
Why choose this course?
- Document your Norwegian skills and hours with the official course certificate applicable for PR and work purposes.
- As a participant, you will benefit from an instructor who not only has a solid understanding of the Norwegian language and grammar but also has in-depth knowledge of Ukrainian language challenges and cultural nuances.
- By having a teacher with the same native language as the participants, the instruction is tailored to their specific needs and challenges.
- The teacher will be able to provide precise guidance, correction, and explanations in a way that is particularly effective and understandable for Ukrainian-speaking students. This ensures a more optimal learning experience and contributes to faster and more efficient progress in Norwegian language skills.
This beginner course will get you started on the journey to master the Norwegian language. Our main objective is to help you build practical conversation skills, so you can use the language effectively and effortlessly.
This is a comprehensive language training programme that covers all aspects of the Norwegian language on the B1 level.
Main learning objectives
- Common verbs in present, past, and future tenses
- Basic grammar and pronunciation
- Common phrases related to meet-and-greet situations
- Writing simple texts
- Reading simple texts from everyday life
- Handle situations related to health, illness and disease
- Describe yourself and your surroundings, your education and your work.
- Speak and write about personal matters and general topics such as family, housing and personal finance
The Norwegian government provides scholarships for this course!
IMDi now provides the opportunity for Ukrainian refugees to receive free Norwegian language training online from their arrival day until they enrol in municipal and local introduction programmes or find a full-time job.
- Access to a computer, mobile or tablet with broadband Internet access.
- You must be able to browse the Internet and be able to configure your own device to work with standard equipment such as a microphone and headset.
- Ability to work independently.
- The latest version of your web browser. We recommend Google Chrome.
Faglig leder Simply Online